Facebook and Instagram are quite possessive for their users. They want their accounts to be safe and secure, and for that, they have set certain safety boundaries. On finding anything skeptical or distrustful activity happening around or within your account, you might find your credential/token expired.
The possible reasons behind your credential/token expirations are as follows-
- You may have not logged in even once in the last 2 months (the most usual reason).
- You’ve recently changed your Facebook or Instagram password.
- You’ve recently logged out of Facebook or Instagram.
- Logging in and out of multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts from your device.
- Facebook or Instagram has detected a security issue on your account.
- Facebook or Instagram suspects spam behavior on your account (like posting too frequently or repetitive content).
- Suspicious (Login attempts from a new location) and later not having the full permissions required. In case if you initially grant the permissions and decide to stop using us, we do not have access without your permission.
If you haven’t logged in 60 days, then the Facebook token gets expired. To know more, read this article.
What is the effect and how to reconnect:
If your token gets expired, then it looks like the following.
Facebook Feed Example
Instagram Feed Example
In these images, you can see the Reconnect Error option that means your token has expired. Which is why, you could not fetch the latest feed on your wall.
So, click on the Reconnect button to authorize and fetch the latest feeds.
Note: The expiration due to any of the above reasons, is subject to the safety of your own account. Social media networks have set these regulations by themselves and Taggbox never have access to anyone’s account to post anything or make any changes. So, we would like to suggest you to just Reconnect without investing much of your time in evaluating the reason. The expiration is no-way vulnerable.