Since its launch in 2010, Instagram has grown exponentially and has gained tremendous popularity. Presently, with over 1 billion monthly users, Instagram has turned out as a traditional social media with the second most active users worldwide.
It has a variety of filters that allows the users to upload their image with extraordinary edits. Also, it offers the feature of organizing the posts by geographical tagging and hashtags.
With the rising needs of online marketing, brands are switching over from the traditional ways to modern-day marketing trends, i.e., social media marketing.
The most important channel of social media marketing is Instagram. Brands and businesses utilize this platform to attract Instagram obsessed customers and make profits using the platform’s audience reach. According to statistics, 83% of Instagram users discover new products and services on the platform.
Brands use this marketing potential of the platform by embedding the feed on the website. But the question is, what benefits do brands witness by embedding Instagram feed?
- Why Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website?
- Why Designate Taggbox As Your Widget Generator?
- Steps To Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
- Free Option to Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
- Suggestions To Display Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
Why Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website?
By embedding an Instagram feed on Squarespace website, you can attract more customers and can make your website look authentic with the user-generated content. This user-generated content acts as social proof to the brand and thus increases conversion rates.
Moreover, the exciting images and videos of Instagram help in increasing the website’s vibrancy, and thus make it more dynamic and responsive. It also enhances the audience interaction with the brand by increasing product visibility and fabricating the hub of the eye-catching visual gallery.
Therefore, embedding Instagram feed escalates user engagement and drives sales. Now, after learning about the benefits of Instagram’s aggregation, let us dive into the next section of the blog that has a descriptive tutorial on how to embed Instagram feed on the website.
Why Designate Taggbox As Your Widget Generator?
- It helps in customization of the feed by changing themes, backgrounds, layouts, color, fonts, post styles, content highlights, and much more.
- Powerful moderation panel and profanity filter allow you to choose the most relevant content that you want to display on your website.
- It also analyzes your performance using its analytics feature, which displays total impressions, clicks, users, etc. and helps you gain user insights and growth.
- Moreover, the real-time update feature helps you display the fresh and unique content to your visitors.
- Compatible with various website building platforms. E.g., WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, HTML, Shopify, etc.
Steps To Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
Embedding Instagram feed on Squarespace website can be done in two parts-
1. Add the Instagram feed to your Taggbox Widget account.
2. Display Instagram feed on the Squarespace website
Adding Instagram Feed To Your Taggbox Widget account
1. Create your Taggbox Widget account or log-in to your existing account. A dashboard will appear. Click on the “Create widget” option.
2. Enter a name for your widget and a unique URL for the same, and click on Create widget.
3. A pop-up will appear. Choose the Instagram business as your source of the platform.
4. You can fetch the feed using Hashtags (#), mentions (@), handles, and tagged posts. Once you have entered the desired sources, click on ‘create the feed.’
- Handles (@)– Collects Instagram feed from the business profile handle. Enter your Instagram user handle (username).
- Hashtags(#)– Collects live hashtag feeds from Instagram.
- Mentions– Collects Instagram feeds where you have been mentioned.
- Tagged– Collect Instagram feeds where you have been tagged.
5. Provide the log-in credentials for Instagram and sign in. The connection has been created, and within a few moments, posts will appear on the editor.
You can now customize your personalized feed and moderate the relevant content to display.
Embed the Feed On Squarespace Website
Once you have added your feed to your Taggbox Widget account, the next step is to generate the code for the embed process. Follow the below steps to get the code.
1. Click on the Embed Widget button at the lower-left corner of the page.
2. From the new pop-up that appears, choose “Squarespace” as your website building platform.
3. Set the width and height according to your choice and click on “Get Code.”
4. Copy the code from the box. You can also have a preview of your Widget by clicking on the preview.
5. From the backend page of your Squarespace website, open the post editor page.
6. Click on “Add block.” Select embed from the drop-down menu and click on the code icon (</>) in the URL field.
7. Paste your embed code on the box and click Set.
8. Click Apply to make changes to your website.
You now have an embedded Instagram feed on your Squarespace website.
Free Option to Embed Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
1. Embed Through Instagram Itself
Using the Instagram app, you can easily embed your feed on the website for free. It includes a simple procedure that goes as follows-
- Log-in to your Instagram account.
- Select the post that you want to embed.
- Click on the three dots option on the upper right corner of the post.
- Choose the ‘embed’ option, and the code will be generated.
- Copy the code and paste it on the backend page of your Squarespace website.
But the drawback that follows with this procedure is that you can only embed one post at a time. Also, it does not possess any functionalities, such as customization, moderation, performance analytics, and live updates.
2. Embed Using Squarespace Instagram Block
Squarespace allows you to display Instagram posts on your site using Instagram blocks. It showcases your posts on the website without manually adding them to the gallery, rather it provides live updates on the site by syncing Instagram blocks with your Instagram account.
Here is the rundown of the steps to add Instagram block to your website.
- Open the page editor and click an insert point.
- In the block menu, select “Instagram”. Click and drag the block to move it to the desired location.
- Click the “Connected Account” option in the block editor. From the drop-down menu, select your connected Instagram account or click on ‘New Account’ to connect a different one.
- Using the ‘Items to display’ slider select the number of images to display. You can select the number upto 20.
- Click on ‘Design tab’ to customize your display.
- Click “Apply” to save changes.
But the drawback that follows with this procedure is that Instagram does not support the filtration of posts in Instagram blocks by Hashtags and Search terms. Also, it allows you to add a maximum of only 20 images at a time.
The solution to this is “Taggbox Widget.” It has not only bowled-over this limitation but also has a lot to serve you with the best.
Suggestions To Display Instagram Feed On Squarespace Website
Now since you know what Instagram Feed is, why you should display Instagram feed on Squarespace, and how to embed it, let us go beyond and gather some ideas for where to display it on your website.
- Home page
It is the landing page of your website that attracts the visitors. It is the default main web page of your website that shows the summary of your business. It’s worthy to display your Instagram feed on the homepage of your website as it is the great way for the visitor to learn about your business.
- About page
This page allows the visitor to dive into the deep layers of your business and explore more about it. Displaying your Instagram feed on this page is an even better option to have a great impact on your visitors. It will enhance the appearance of the page and will show a variety of images about your business and its products rather than a few chosen ones.
- Blog posts
Another amazing way to display your feed is at the end of your blog posts. This will initiate a call-to-action after the visitor has completed reading your blog. Clicks on this action will help the brands to increase the number of followers on Instagram, and Instagram being a marketing channel for the brands, a huge number of followers will boost engagement and growth.
- Website footer
The bottom section of the webpage but an excellent option to display your feed. It is because website footer will appear automatically on every page of your website. So no matter on which page the visitor is navigating to, he will always have a chance to see your feed.
In this age of digital marketing, social media, especially Instagram, plays an important role. Integrating this Instagram with your website is a perfect idea to expand your market reach and engagement.
With the help of Taggbox Widget, you can build trust by displaying your live Instagram feed on the website and hence boost conversions and sales.