Embed Google Reviews: How to Add Google Reviews on Any Website (2024)
Are you looking to enhance a business’s online reputation, impacting local search rankings and attracting more customers with Google Reviews?
Did you know? Showcasing reviews can increase conversion rates upto 270%. In this article, we will learn how to embed Google Reviews on website?
Note: Google does not provide any direct option to add Google Reviews on website, that’s why you need third party Google Review Widget or WordPress Plugin.
How to Add Google Reviews on Website?
To embed Google Reviews on website, follow these quick steps:
- Sign up or login to Taggbox account.
- From Add Feed Section, choose “Google” as a source.
- Connect “Google account” or enter “GMB Listing” to collect reviews.
- Choose the theme and customise your widget.
- Copy Google Reviews code and open your CMS platform.
- Paste embed code where you want to display Google Reviews.
Simple right, Your Google Widget will display the real time reviews on your website as soon as customer will leave review on Google.
What we have covered in this blog –
- How to embed Google reviews widget?
- Embedding Google reviews into different CMS Platform
- Other methods to add Google reviews on website
- Benefits of Embedding Google Reviews
- Google Reviews on Website Example
- Best practices to add Google reviews on website
- Frequently Asked Question
5 Easy Steps to Embed Google Reviews on Website
Through Review aggregator, adding Google review widgets to any website is now a breeze, even without extensive coding knowledge.
Before starting, make sure you have Taggbox account. If not create FREE account and follow the steps.
Once you are successfully login to Taggbox dashboard, you will navigate to “Sources” section.
Step 1: Choose Google as a ‘source’
From the screen with all the networks, choose “Google” as a source.
Step 2: Connect Your Google Account or enter the listing manually to fetch reviews.
Opt for “Places” to collect reviews from any location of your choice or “My Places” to fetch Google reviews from your own Google My Business (GMB) profile for your website. Click “Create Feed” to proceed.
Step 3: Moderate and Customise Google Reviews Widget Layout
You can manually moderate reviews, choosing which ones to display and which to hide through the moderation option. Additionally, customize review display by adding themes, CTAs, and banners.
Step 4: Copy the Google widget code
Copy the Google Reviews Embed Code after personalizing your reviews, the next step is embedding the Google reviews on website. Click “Publish” at the lower-left corner of the widget editor page.
Select “Embed On Webpage” and choose your preferred website-building platform, such as HTML, WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, Shopify, and more. Adjust the widget’s height and width to fit your webpage section.
Step 5: Paste the Google Reviews embed code into your website
Paste the Provided Code on Your Website Copy the generated embed code and paste the HTML onto your website.
Live Demo: See Google Reviews Widget in Action
Get a feel of how your Google Reviews Widget will look like through our Live Demo.
Video Guide: Embed Google reviews on your website for free
Get a step-by-step visual tutorial about how to embed Google reviews on your website for free.
How to embed Google reviews on your website builder?
Are you using a particular CMS platform to build your website? Taggbox is compatible with all website builders. The upcoming sections will guide you through the process of incorporating Google reviews on any website. Read the step-by-step guide.
How to Embed Google Reviews on HTML
- Copy the HTML embed code for Google reviews from Taggbox’s free website widget editor.
- Log in to your HTML website’s admin panel.
- Open the HTML file of the desired page.
- Paste the generated Google reviews embed code in the chosen section and save your HTML page.
- Tada! Google reviews are now embedded on your HTML website.
Complete Guide – Embed Google Reviews on HTML
Embedding Google Reviews in WordPress
Method 1 – Manual Embedding:
- Sign in to your WordPress website.
2. After logging into your WordPress site, go to the “Pages” section and click “Add New”.
3. Click the “+” icon in the top-left corner and click on the “Custom HTML”.
4. Paste the Google reviews HTML code in the text area.
5. To preview your Google Review Widget, click on the preview tab. After previewing, Click “Publish” to see the review widget in action.
Method 2 – WordPress Plugin:
- Install and activate the Taggbox Widget WordPress Plugin.
- The plugin generates a shortcode for you.
- Copy-paste the shortcode to embed Google reviews on your WordPress website.
- Enjoy the plugin’s customization, moderation, analytics, and support features.
Adding Google Reviews to Wix:
- Log in to your Wix account and go to the desired webpage.
2. Click on Blog and select posts to create a new post.
3. Click “+” on the menu bar’s left side. Select and choose “</> HTML Code.”
4. Insert the generated code in the text box,
5. Click “Update” to save changes, and Google reviews are now embedded on your Wix website.
Complete Guide – How to Add Google Reviews on Wix Website?
Embedding Google Reviews on Squarespace:
- Log in to your Squarespace website and select “Edit.”
2. Click “(+)” to add a block and add the content in “Empty Page”.
3. After adding the title (if any) in the blank space. Click on the “(+) Add Block” button.
4. The dropdown list will be displayed. Choose the “</> Code” from the list.
5. Copy the code from the Tagbbox Website Widget and Paste it in the given HTML box.
6. After pasting the embedded code in the box click on the “Save” button and enjoy with your Tagbox Widget.
Complete Guide – How to Add Google Reviews to Squarespace Website?
Adding Google Reviews to Shopify:
- Sign in to your Shopify account.
2. Under “Sales Channels,” click “Online Store.”
3. Choose “Pages” from the dropdown > Add a new page or edit your existing page.
4. On the Page details, click on “(<>)” Show HTML icon.
5. Paste the embed code in the text box and click on the “Save” Button. After Saving the code the page will be created.
6. Finally, click on the View Page Button. Done!
Complete Guide – How to Add Google Reviews on Shopify Website?
Embedding Google Reviews on Google Sites:
- Log in to your Google Site Account.
2. You can either create a new website or edit an existing one. On the ‘Start a new site’ section click on the “‘+’ Blank button” to create a new site. Else find your existing website under the ‘Recent sites’ section.
3. After creating a website, on the right sidebar, you will see an “</> Embed button. Click on the “Embed Button”.
4. Copy the generated code from your Google widget. A popup “Embed from the web” will open. Click on the ‘Embed Code’ tab on the popup.
5. Paste the embedded code from Taggbox. On the ‘Embed Code’ tab, you will see ‘HTML code goes here’ text box. Paste the embed code in that box.
6. Paste the code. After pasting your embedded code from the Taggbox Widget, click on the “Next” button.
7. After clicking on the next button, a preview of your embed code will be displayed. Now, click on the “Insert” button to insert the widget to your Google Sites page.
8. Once you have inserted your widget, you can edit or resize your widget before finalizing it. After you’re done. click on the “Publish” button on the upper right corner of the page.
9. After clicking on the publish button, you will see an arrow beside to the “Publish” button, click on that “Arrow” button.
10. After clicking on the Arrow button, a list of dropdown buttons will be displayed. Choose “View Published Site” Button.
11. Done! Your Google Reviews Widget will look like this!
Complete Guide – How to Embed Google Reviews on Google Site?
Displaying Google Reviews on Weebly:
- Log in to the Weebly website.
2. On your existing Weebly site, click on the “Pages” section on the top-most menu bar then click the “+” icon.
3. Choose what type of page you would like to add.
4. After selecting a page, give a name to your page and then click on “Done”.
5. On the top-most menu, click on “Build” then from the sidebar, drag the “Embed Code” option to your page.
6. Now click on the “Click to set custom HTML” then click on the “Edit Custom HTML” button.
7. Copy the code from the created Taggbox Widget and paste it in the upper right corner.
8. Your widget will be displayed on the site then click on the “Publish Button”. Finally, click the link to your site. And here you’re Done!
Complete Guide – How To Embed Google Review On Weebly Website
Adding Google Reviews on Page Cloud Website’s Blog Page:
- Log in to your Page Cloud Website.
2. The dashboard will be open consisting of your existing pages.
3. From the top menu, select “Blog”. There you will find two options; either you can add a new blog or import an existing one.
4. If you are writing a new post, a blank page will open.
5. Enter the text with the title in the “Enter Post Content”. Here you will see a “+” icon, Click on the icon.
6. After clicking on the “+” icon, you will see 4 options. Click on “<> Add Embed” option.
7. An HTML box will open. Copy your Tagbox Website Widget Code paste it in the box and Click on “Add” button.
8. Congratulations! You have embedded the Google Reviews on your Page Cloud Website. Publish your PageCloud website to make the widget live for visitors.
With these steps, you can seamlessly incorporate Google reviews into your chosen website platform, enhancing your online presence and credibility.
Alternative methods to embed Google Reviews on website for FREE
Google offers a direct method to embed Google reviews on website without the necessity of third-party tool like Taggbox. By using the review “link” provided by Google, you can manually add Google reviews on your website by following these steps:
- Go to Google My Profile page.
- Click on the “reviews” section and choose review you want to embed
- Click on the “Share” option located below the review.
- Copy the link from the ensuing popup window.
- Log in to your website’s admin panel.
- Paste the Google review link where you want to embed the review.
- Add Screenshot of Google Reviews – You can manually embed Google reviews on your website by taking screenshots of the reviews and adding them as images or by copying the text and adding it as content on your site. While this method is more static and less interactive.
- WordPress Plugins: For WordPress-based websites, several plugins are available that can help integrate Google reviews seamlessly.
Why Embedding Google Reviews on Website Matters?
Local SEO Impact:
Google reviews, especially for local businesses, can significantly impact local search rankings. Positive reviews, when integrated with location-based keywords, can enhance local SEO efforts, making it easier for potential customers in the vicinity to find and choose your business.
Google reviews serve as user-generated content that constantly updates and refreshes your website. This dynamic content can improve your site’s relevance, encouraging visitors to engage with your brand and spend more time on your site.
Build Trust and Credibility:
Adding Google reviews on a website provides social proof. According to a BrightLocal survey, 87% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses. Positive reviews from other customers can build trust and credibility for your brand, influencing potential customers’ decisions.
Improved Click-Through Rates (CTR):
Embedding star ratings from Google reviews in search results can improve your click-through rates. According to a study by BrightLocal, displaying review stars in search engine results can increase the click-through rate by up to 35%.
Local Pack Rankings:
Google tends to favor businesses with a strong online presence for local searches. This means not only having a Google My Business profile but also actively engaging with customers by responding to reviews, which contributes to better local pack rankings.
What More You Can Do With Google Reviews Widget?
Features of the Google Reviews Widget by Taggbox
Taggbox provides Responsive and coding-free Review widget and lots of features to make your widget look more attractive.
- Multiple Themes – Taggbox has multiple themes options. Explore our templates library and choose from various layouts such as slider, Square Photo etc.
- CTA Button – Add CTA Button on your post to make your widget actionable. This will increase sales and conversions from your.
- Integration – As mentioned above, we are compatible with all the CMS platforms and other marketing platforms like email platform etc.
- Custom CSS – Maintain brand consistency and create your own style and design for your widget.
- Banner – Upload or Design your own banner by adding colors, text, and icons etc.
- Font Style – Customize colors, layouts, arrangement, toggle the visibility of specific widget elements like dates, the Google logo, and more.
- Moderation – Easily moderate irrelevant content and showcase selected content.
- Analytics – Gain insights of your embedded Instagram code like no. of views, impression etc.
- Social Media Integration – Share collected google reviews on your social handle or run social media ads to drive more CTR.
- Profanity Filter – Enable profanity filter to automatically block and discard vulgar content.
- Support – 24/7 customer support and technical assistance via email, chat, phone, and video, offering clients the utmost flexibility to reach out for help at any time.
- Automatic Updates: The widget updates in real-time, ensuring that the latest google reviews are always displayed on the website without any manual intervention.
Increase Reviews on your Google Review Widget
Taggbox provides a special feature called “SnapUp” to collect more views on your website. By enabling feature form you can add Button or QR code on your widget banner.
After clicking on the button, a form will appear on which users can write reviews for your brand. These reviews get collected on the Taggbox dashboard.
You can also customize the button text, font size, button size color etc.
Differences between a website with and without a Google Review Widget:
Certainly, here’s a table illustrating the differences between a website with and without a Google Review Widget:
|Aspect||Websites with Google Reviews||Websites without Google Reviews|
|Credibility||Often perceived as more credible due to user-generated reviews and ratings.||May rely on other forms of credibility, such as professional certifications or third-party testimonials.|
|Trustworthiness||Tends to be more trusted by users as they can see the experiences of others.||Must establish trust through other means like a well-designed website, quality content, and secure transactions.|
|User Engagement||Encourages user interaction through reviews, ratings, and comments.||Depends on alternative methods like blog comments, forums, or contact forms for user engagement.|
|Search Engine Optimization||May enhance SEO with user-generated content and increased click-through rates.||Needs to focus on SEO optimization through keywords, quality content, and other strategies.|
|Social Proof||Provides social proof to potential customers through positive reviews and high ratings.||Must rely on other forms of social proof, such as customer testimonials or case studies.|
|Conversion Rate||Higher likelihood of converting visitors into customers due to positive reviews.||Conversion rate may depend more on persuasive content and marketing tactics.|
|Local Business Impact||Critical for local businesses as Google reviews affect local search rankings.||Needs to focus on other local SEO strategies and word-of-mouth marketing.|
|Customer Feedback||Offers valuable feedback to improve products/services and customer satisfaction.||May need to actively seek feedback through surveys or other methods.|
|Brand Reputation Management||Requires monitoring and managing online reputation actively due to public reviews.||Still needs brand management but with less immediate impact from public reviews.|
|Customer Acquisition||Can attract new customers through positive online reviews and higher visibility.||Must rely on traditional marketing channels and referrals for customer acquisition.|
|Customer Retention||Reviews can help retain customers by showcasing positive experiences.||Relies more on customer service, loyalty programs, and quality products/services for retention.|
Please note that the specific features and capabilities of a Google Review Widget may vary depending on the widget or plugin you choose.
What Users Says about Taggbox Widget – Expert Opinion
“Great experience using Taggbox to fetch our Google Business Reviews from multiple businesses!”Carmen V. Social Media Manager
There is always a drop off in the stage of visitors to signups. One of the best ways to boost this conversion is to implement social proofs, and publish user reviews to build the trust with users. Marketers can showcase these easily during different parts of the buying journeys and win the trust of the customersAnirudh M. Co-founder and CEO
Our practice is using Taggbox to display reviews from multiple office locations. After I had some trouble adding the locations, Thakur on their customer service team worked so hard to troubleshoot and get the widget set up perfectly. Now, it’s displayed beautifully on our site! Thanks so much to Thakur and the Taggbox team for the help.Amanda M. Marketing Consultant
Taggbox has helped us create social proof that has increased the conversion rate of our campaigns. By utilizing user generated content, we are able to motivate others to pick us over our competitors.Dinesh A, Co-founder and CTO
Best practices to Add Google reviews on website
To get the maximum interaction on your google widget, follow the additional recommendations by our experts.
Moderating the Reviews:
Taggbox Moderation feature allows you to remove the irrelevant content from your collected UGC that hamper the quality of the content & curate them into the most significant ones.
Highlight Top Reviews:
Select and showcase the most compelling or positive Google reviews on website using our PIN Feature. This feature helps to PIN the reviews which you want to add in front.
Add CTA Button
Taggbox Widget allow user to add different CTA button on different reviews. You can add Call to action like Book Now, Shop Now and redirected the user to new designation.
Comply with Guidelines and Legalities:
Make sure you comply with Google’s guidelines and legal requirements when displaying reviews on your site to avoid any potential issues.
Where to add Google reviews on your website?
Though there are a number of places on your website where you can display your Google Reviews, the effectiveness displaying Google reviews depends on the brand and look & feel of your website.
- Homepage: Your website’s homepage is ideal for prominently showcasing Google reviews. Positive reviews can instantly build trust with visitors and encourage them to explore your site further.
- Testimonials Page: A dedicated testimonials page is an excellent location to embed Google reviews on website. Visitors specifically seeking feedback from previous customers will appreciate this integrated social media widget.
- Product or Service Pages: Embedding Google reviews on website’s product or service pages offers social proof that can influence purchase decisions. Potential customers can see real-life experiences related to the specific offerings they are interested in.
- Contact Page: Placing a few select Google reviews on your contact page can reassure visitors about your business’s reliability and responsiveness, making them more likely to reach out.
- Sidebar or Footer: Integrating a small Google reviews widget in the website’s sidebar or footer ensures visitors can access reviews conveniently throughout their browsing experience.
- Pop-ups: Consider using pop-up notifications that showcase recent positive reviews. These can grab visitors’ attention and leave a lasting impression.
- Blog Posts: Adding Google reviews within your blog posts can add credibility to your content, especially when discussing products or services.
- Landing Pages: Landing pages designed for specific campaigns or promotions can benefit from showcasing reviews related to the campaign’s focus. This can boost conversion rates.
- Product Galleries or Portfolios: Pairing product images with related Google reviews in your galleries or portfolios provides visitors with a comprehensive view of your offerings and their quality.
- About Us Page: Humanize your brand by displaying reviews on your ‘About Us’ page. This can help establish a personal connection and trust with your audience.
- E-commerce Checkout Page: At the final stage of the buying process, showing reviews can alleviate any last-minute doubts and encourage customers to complete their purchases, reducing cart abandonment rates.
Measure the Performance of Your Google Review Widget
Our analytics shows the in-depth detail how your widget is working on website. Here are some key metrics you can measure –
- Post Count – Represents the total quantity of posts gathered in your feed.
- Engagement – Reflects the cumulative count of post likes, clicks, and comments.
- Impressions – Signifies the overall views received by your Instagram feed.
- Clicks – Indicates the number of visitors who interacted by clicking on your feed.
- Users – Denotes the total count of individuals who engaged with your widget on the website.
- Reach – Represents the overall number of users reached by your widget.
Examples of Google Reviews Widgets
To embrace a new marketing strategy, it’s crucial to grasp the concept, and what better way to do so than through examples? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Here are some ways you can add google reviews to website –
- Slider Theme
- Carousel Theme
- List View
- Gird Format
See more about Best Google Reviews Examples On Websites That Will Inspire You and learn how other brands are embedding google reviews on their websites.
How to Embed All-in-one review widget?
A concise, step-by-step guide to using Taggbox’s review widget with the “web filter” feature:
- Log In: Access your Taggbox account.
- Add Feed: Go to the “Add Feed” section.
- Choose Sources: Select the review sources you want (e.g., Google, Facebook).
- Fetch Reviews: Taggbox collects and organizes reviews.
- Publish: Click “Publish” to display the reviews on your website.
Some Marketing Stats Around Google Reviews
These statistics highlight the critical role that Google reviews play in shaping consumer perceptions, influencing purchasing decisions, and impacting a company’s overall success, from SEO performance to revenue growth. For the most up-to-date and industry-specific data, it’s recommended to refer to recent marketing reports, studies, or industry analyses.
- 86% of people hesitate to purchase from a business that has negative online reviews.
- 91% of 18-34-year-old consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just one to three reviews.
- 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
- 68% of consumers are willing to leave a review after a positive experience.
- Customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with excellent reviews.
- 97% of consumers read businesses’ responses to reviews.
- 73% of consumers say that reviews older than three months are no longer relevant.
- Displaying reviews can increase conversion rates by 270%.
- A one-star improvement in a company’s average star rating can lead to a 5-9% increase in revenue.
Google reviews are essential for the expansion of your business. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses enables you to market and work on your weaknesses.
Making a positive first impression on your visitors is as simple as putting these reviews on your website utilizing the Google review widget. You may keep website visitors interested and build your reputation by displaying reviews.
The website is the crucial channel for any business that needs to be effective, informative and engaging for the consumers, & Google reviews are a perfect solution. We are at the end of this post and you got to know everything about Google reviews, their significance, the embedding process, and how this strategy can help your business.
So, get started now to leverage the user reviews to magnify your business growth, revenue generation, and success possibilities using Taggbox Widget.
Collect and Embed Google Reviews!
Build a Responsive & Powerful Reviews Widget for your Website
Frequently Asked Question about Embedding Google Reviews on Website
What is a Google review widget?
A Google review widget is a tool or plugin that allows businesses to display their Google reviews directly on their website. It typically showcases customer feedback, ratings, and testimonials collected from their Google My Business profile.
How can I embed Google reviews on my website?
There are various methods to embed Google reviews, including using Google’s official API to fetch and display reviews, utilizing third-party review widgets or plugins, manually integrating reviews as content or images, or using specific WordPress plugins designed for this purpose.
Why should I embed Google reviews on my website?
Integrating Google reviews on your website adds social proof, enhances credibility, and influences potential customers’ decisions positively. It can boost visibility, improve search engine performance, and increase user engagement and conversions.
Are there tools or platforms specifically for embedding Google reviews?
Yes, there are platforms like Taggbox which provide widgets or plugins to display Google reviews seamlessly on websites. Tool have many customization options and make the integration process easier.
Can I customize the appearance of the review widget?
Taggbox google review widget offer customization options. You can often modify the layout, colors, and the number of reviews displayed to match your website’s design and preferences.
Is it important to respond to Google reviews when using a review widget?
Yes, responding to reviews, whether they’re displayed through a widget or on Google directly, is crucial. It shows engagement and a commitment to customer satisfaction, enhancing your brand’s reputation.
Do Google review widgets impact SEO?
Yes, displaying Google reviews on your website can positively impact search engine optimization. Reviews can contribute to better rankings, increased click-through rates, and improved visibility in local searches.
Is it necessary to comply with any guidelines when embedding Google reviews?
Yes, it’s important to comply with Google’s guidelines for using reviews, ensuring you’re following their policies and terms of service when displaying reviews on your website.
There are two main ways in which you can easily embed Google Reviews on your website.
- Using a Google review widget tool like Taggbox Widget
- Using a WordPress plugin
Unfortunately no. Google does not offer the option to directly embed reviews anymore. You would need to use the Google Business Profile API or a Google Reviews Widget. Successfully using the API requires technical expertise, so it’s not recommended for beginners.
If you have created your website using Wix, you can easily add Google reviews to your website section by following the steps mentioned above.
Yes, you can! Unnecessary nasty reviews can blow up your brand’s reputation. Taggbox Widget offers a content moderation panel that can be used to eliminate any unwanted reviews from your Google reviews widget.
It is crucial for every brand to place Google reviews strategically to garner maximum exposure. Websites are the perfect mediums for showing Google reviews. However using Taggbox, users can also include Google reviews in emails, retargeting ads, and digital screens to implement an omnichannel marketing strategy.
Unfortunately no. Google does not offer the option to directly embed reviews anymore. You would need to use the Google Business Profile API or a Google Reviews Widget. Successfully using the API requires technical expertise, so it’s not recommended for beginners.