How Taggbox Prepared for GDPR
The European Union has taken a move and introduced a new law General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be effective from May 25, 2018. The GDPR is a new law in the EU; that will give more control to EU residents over their privacy and personal information protection. EU introduces GDPR to provide more transparency to EU citizens from organizations about how they collect, uses, process and store their personal information.
So here we are mentioning our key updates and what data we received.
1. Information we collect
To use our services, you need to Sign up for Taggbox account and for this we need to know a little about you. We require you to provide some information when you create a Taggbox account:
- Your Name
- Your Account Email Address
- Your Taggbox Account Password (Encrypted Format)
- Your Profile Picture (Optional)
- Industry (Optional)
- Organization (Optional)
2. How we use your Data?
Taggbox uses your information to serve you better services and send you important news and new updates such as functionality of our platform, administrative information, suggestions, features etc. We don’t sell and misuse your any information.
3. Product usage and analytics
We use GDPR compatible tools to communicate with our clients and resolve their issue in real-time, track and record users information such as sessions and product usage, for secure online payments. To understand customer’s behavior that how our customers using our product so we can make improvement and give a better platform to them.
Tools used for analytics and communication:
- Google Analytics – To measure website traffic and know customers and website user’s behavior, user flow, real-time users etc. Compliance GDPR
- Mouseflow – Taggbox records session data on how Taggbox users are using the platform so we can track and find usability issues. GDPR
- Intercom – Customer Messaging Platform to communicate Taggbox’s clients and provide real-time solutions. Intercom comply with GDPR
- Cloudflare – To reduce website load time and provide faster delivery. Cloudflare & the GDPR
4. Information about how end users use Taggbox
5. Social Media Platforms, we aggregate data
Taggbox collects aggregated data from social networks that users allow to connect to our platform. You can delete and modified any social post anytime. End User License Agreement (EULA) of social networks covers agreement for this data and falls under the GDPR.
Examples of data from Social Networks:
- Instagram Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Twitter Posts
- LinkedIn Posts
6. Non-social media platform, we aggregate data
Taggbox allows users to collect and aggregate data from various social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Non-social networks such as RSS Feed. End User License Agreement (EULA) doesn’t cover consent for this data, so it’s customer’s responsibility to make sure that they comply with GDPR.
Examples of data from Non-Social Networks:
- RSS Feeds
7. Users can manage and delete their information
Taggbox gives complete permission to users to manage, delete and update their personal information. Taggbox members can easily delete, review, update or correct their account and collected information by contacting us at [email protected].