How To Add Twitter Feed On WordPress Website
Twitter has emerged to become one of the most highly leveraged and highly growing platforms across the globe.
The Twitter users, commonly referred to as the ‘Twitterati, ’ use the platform to express their views and opinion on various topics, including their experiences with brands and products.
If you are a brand with an active presence on Twitter and often notice users tagging or mentioning you in their tweets, embedding such content at various marketing touchpoints will prove to be highly beneficial for your brand’s growth and success.
Keep reading to know the best ways in which you can embed Twitter feed on your WordPress website.
Add Twitter Feed On WordPress Website – Try 2 Different Methods
Here we have mentioned two different methods of embedding Twitter feed on WordPress website.
Method 1 – Using Taggbox Widget WordPress Plugin
The first way to add Twitter feed on WordPress website is to use the Taggbox WordPress plugin, an amazing WordPress plugin that allows brands to easily fetch content from Twitter and embed it on the website.
The plugin offers various customization options, including various branding options and selecting the preferred templates, fonts, layouts, colors, etc.
The users have the option to keep a check on the content before publishing and removing any unwanted content using the profanity filter.
The plugin also offers the option to leverage detailed insights to keep a check on the total impressions of the widget.
The Taggbox Widget WordPress plugin offers robust customer support to its users for assisting them whenever they experience a technical issue or are unable to use the plugin easily.
In the next section of the blog, we shall be telling you the step-by-step guide that you can utilize the Taggbox WordPress plugin to collect content from Twitter.
Embed Twitter Feed On WordPress Website Using Taggbox Widget Plugin
Step 1 – Install The Plugin
- Simply Download the Taggbox Widget Plugin from the WordPress directory or the Widget editor.
- Next, you need to upload the plugin on your WordPress website in the directory or upload the plugin in the plugin section and click on activate to make it functional.
Step 2 – Add The Twitter Feed
- Go to the Taggbox widget plugin to log in to your existing account or create a new Taggbox Widget account.
- To fetch the Twitter content, click on Create Widget.
- Next, click on the Add Social Feeds option.
- Select Twitter from the pop-up menu
- Select your connection type from where you want to collect the feed, i.e., Handle, Hashtag, List, Advanced, or Favourites
- Collect the Twitter feed by typing your Twitter credentials
- You will be able to see your Twitter feed in a few seconds!
Step 3 – Embed The Feeds On Your WordPress Website
In this section, we shall be shedding light on the two efficient methods to easily embed the Twitter feeds on the WordPress website.
Method 1 –
- You see all the widget on your plugin, click on refresh button to fetch new widget.
- Click on the Copy button present under the widget to copy the shortcode
- Paste the shortcode on the backend of the webpage or the section where you wish to embed the Twitter feeds
Method 2 –
- Redirect to the webpage or section where you wish to add Twitter feeds.
- Click on the (+) button and choose the Taggbox widget.
- Type or paste the widget shortcode. You can preview the widget by clicking on the preview option to see how the widget looks before publishing it. You also have the option to adjust the height and width of the widget as per your preference.
- Click on the Publish button, and you are done! Congratulations! You have successfully embedded the Twitter feed widget on your website.
Method 2 – Add Twitter Feed Without WordPress Plugin
Another efficient method of embedding your Twitter feeds on WordPress website is by utilizing the Taggbox Twitter Widget. Taggbox Widget is a phenomenal Twitter feed aggregator that allows you to create beautiful and stunning Twitter post widget.
Follow the steps mentioned below to understand how you can embed Twitter feed using the Taggbox Twitter Widget tool in a user-friendly and seamless way.
Step 1 – Integrate The Twitter Feed
1. Firstly, you need to create a free account with the Taggbox widget or log into your existing account.
2. You will be redirected to the dashboard, where you need to click on Add Social Feeds to create a widget.
3. Select Twitter as your source in the pop-up menu to add content
4. Next, you need to select your connection type. You can add content by mentioning the Hashtag, Handle, Geolocation, List, Favourites, or Advanced.
Once you are done providing your Twitter credentials, you shall be able to see your Twitter feed in a couple of minutes in the widget editor.
Step 2 – Generate The Embed Code
1. Once you are done with personalizing the content as per your needs and requirements, you need to click on the Publish button present on the bottom left corner of the widget editor.
2. Click on WordPress as your website building platform from the pop-up menu bar.
3. Adjust the width and height of the widget. You can set it according to the overall look of your website and copy the code on the clipboard.
Paste the code on the backend of the website to apply the changes, and voila! You would have successfully added the Twitter Feed on WordPress website.
Embed Twitter Feed On Different WordPress Version
Embed Twitter Feeds On WordPress 5.0 version
- Log into your WordPress and redirect to the webpage where you wish to embed your Twitter feeds
- On the top left corner of the editor, select the +Add block
- Next, click on the Formatting option and choose custom HTML
- Paste the copied code in the editor
- Click on the Publish/Update button to save the changes, and you are done!
Add Twitter Feed On The WordPress Classic Version
- Log into your WordPress and visit the webpage where you wish to add the Twitter feed or a particular content
- Choose the Text mode in the right section of the page
- Paste the embed code in the place where you want to embed the content
- Click on the Publish button and done! You have embedded the Twitter feeds on your website.
Benefits Of Embedding Twitter Feed On Your Website
Since you are now aware of the steps using which you can easily add Twitter feed on your website, we are sure you must be wondering about the benefits of embedding a Twitter widget on your website.
Mentioned below are a few major benefits of displaying a Twitter widget on your website-
1. Cost-effective Content Marketing
Tweets related directly or indirectly to the products or services by your brand have the power to market for your brand. Displaying these Tweets on your WordPress website is a form of content marketing that you probably curated from your Twitter profile, and that too for free.
2. Builds Trust With User-Generated Content
The tweets by the genuine users of your brand act as the trustworthy user-generated content for your brand. You can display these user-generated tweets on your WordPress website to display the social proof and social acceptability of your brand’s products and services. This enhances your brands’ authenticity and reliability and adds to the credibility of their products and services.
3. Increase Customer Engagement With Influencer Marketing
By embedding Twitter feed on WordPress website, you can associate your website with all the influencers related to the same niche that have talked about your brand and its products on Twitter. This is commonly termed influencer marketing which plays a huge role in enhancing customer engagement and interaction with your brand.
4. Boost Conversions And Revenue
Twitter post on the website enhances the looks of your website and gives it an authentic look. This helps the brands to build trusted relationships with the customers and thus influence them to make a purchase with the brand. As a result, the conversion rate and sales are accelerated to a great extent.
With more than 180 million daily active users, Twitter is consistently growing and highly being leveraged by marketers and brands due to its huge user base.
As mentioned above, since Twitter users use the platform to voice and express their opinion on multiple topics, using such content can prove extremely beneficial for brands for its growth and success.
We have reached the end of the blog, and you are now aware of how easily you can use Taggbox WordPress Plugin to embed Twitter feed on your website; download the plugin right away, and we promise you shall be amazed to see the results!
Don't Miss Out!
Subscribe to the Taggbox blog